(no subject)

ידידיה יחזקאלי
Hello Linphone-engineers!
I'm trying to install Linphone on Linux Yocto (colibri-imx-emmc
4.9.87-2.8.4+g3bb6e32). I have a few questions:
1. Can I arrange a per-to-per connection without a registration server
and other servers?
2. Is Linphone written in Java?
If so, does it work on Jdk 7 (installed in Yocto)?
3. Can I contact the computer on which Java 8 and Jitsi meet
per-to-per are installed?
Thank.

Re: (no subject)

Stuart D. Gathman
On Wed, 11 Sep 2019, ידידיה יחזקאלי wrote:

> Hello Linphone-engineers!
> I'm trying to install Linphone on Linux Yocto (colibri-imx-emmc
> 4.9.87-2.8.4+g3bb6e32). I have a few questions:
> 1. Can I arrange a per-to-per connection without a registration server
> and other servers?

Yes.   You need a stable public IP for this.  Use IPv6 - or if you are
in IP4 NAT jail, use a VPN.  I like to use Cjdns, as that is a global
IPv6 mesh VPN.  You have to use raw ip to avoid using DNS servers.

Unfortunately, linphone can't use IP4 and IPv6 simultaneously.  You have
to switch back and forth.  My solution is to use linphone for IPv6,
and some other sip client for IP4 - since SIP clients that support IPv6
are rare animals (despite IP4 being obsolete for nearly 20 years).

I wrote an article about peer to peer that features linphone:
https://fedoramagazine.org/decentralize-common-fedora-apps-cjdns/

> 2. Is Linphone written in Java?

No.

> 3. Can I contact the computer on which Java 8 and Jitsi meet
> per-to-per are installed?

I don't know Jitsi is or what Java has to do with linphone.  SIP is a
protocol, and it shouldn't matter what language or languages the
clients/servers/peers are written in.  If it does, one of them is broken.

--
       Stuart D. Gathman <[hidden email]>

Re: (no subject)

ידידיה יחזקאלי
Hello!
To continue our conversation.
I collect an image of Yocto with Lynphon layers, as indicated in your description. But the bitbike gives an error at startup. Please check my configuration file and log files. where is mistake?
Thank.

‫בתאריך יום ה׳, 12 בספט׳ 2019 ב-1:15 מאת ‪Stuart D. Gathman‬‏ <‪[hidden email]‬‏>:‬
On Wed, 11 Sep 2019, ידידיה יחזקאלי wrote:

> Hello Linphone-engineers!
> I'm trying to install Linphone on Linux Yocto (colibri-imx-emmc
> 4.9.87-2.8.4+g3bb6e32). I have a few questions:
> 1. Can I arrange a per-to-per connection without a registration server
> and other servers?

Yes.   You need a stable public IP for this.  Use IPv6 - or if you are
in IP4 NAT jail, use a VPN.  I like to use Cjdns, as that is a global
IPv6 mesh VPN.  You have to use raw ip to avoid using DNS servers.

Unfortunately, linphone can't use IP4 and IPv6 simultaneously.  You have
to switch back and forth.  My solution is to use linphone for IPv6,
and some other sip client for IP4 - since SIP clients that support IPv6
are rare animals (despite IP4 being obsolete for nearly 20 years).

I wrote an article about peer to peer that features linphone:
https://fedoramagazine.org/decentralize-common-fedora-apps-cjdns/

> 2. Is Linphone written in Java?

No.

> 3. Can I contact the computer on which Java 8 and Jitsi meet
> per-to-per are installed?

I don't know Jitsi is or what Java has to do with linphone.  SIP is a
protocol, and it shouldn't matter what language or languages the
clients/servers/peers are written in.  If it does, one of them is broken.

--
              Stuart D. Gathman <[hidden email]>
a Microsoft sponsored "Where do you want to go from here?" commercial._______________________________________________

local.conf (15K) Download Attachment
templateconf.cfg (20 bytes) Download Attachment
bblayers.conf (1K) Download Attachment
bitbake-cookerdaemon.log (12K) Download Attachment

Re: (no subject)

ידידיה יחזקאלי
Hello!
1. You wrote: "Unfortunately, linphone can't use IP4 and IPv6 simultaneously.  You have to switch back and forth.  My solution is to use linphone for IPv6, and some other sip client for IP4 - since SIP clients that support IPv6 are rare animals".
You can describe - how to use Linphone with IPv6? I can with Jitsi?
2. To use peer-to-peer (without registering on the server) do I need to buy a license?
Thank you!

On Thu, 3 Oct 2019, ידידיה יחזקאלי wrote:

> Hello!
> 1. You wrote: "Unfortunately, linphone can't use IP4 and IPv6
> simultaneously.  You have to switch back and forth.  My solution is to use
> linphone for IPv6, and some other sip client for IP4 - since SIP clients
> that support IPv6 are rare animals".
> You can describe - how to use Linphone with IPv6? I can with Jitsi?

In Linphone, check the IPv6 box on Options/Preferences.  I don't know
anything about Jitsi.

> 2. To use peer-to-peer (without registering on the server) do I need to buy
> a license?

No.  The SIP protocol is open.  There is no server when going directly
peer-to-peer.  The only reasons to use a server for SIP are:

a) escape IP4 NAT jail  (lack of stable public IP)
b) conferencing, POTS gateway, and other value add services

--
       Stuart D. Gathman <[hidden email]>