noalert * ?

Billy Vitro
I'd love to be able to specify 'noalert *' or something for a specific
service check. This way I don't have to maintain a list of all possible
email addresses I may have configured for alerting.

Any suggestions on how I could do that?

Billy Vitro                       |  cisco Systems, Inc.
[hidden email]                  |  (408) 526-4817
http://www.linkedin.com/in/bvitro |  Illegitimus non carborundum.

LSF Farm Case Creation:
http://eda-tools.cisco.com/remedy8-createEDAcase.html?Type=EDA-LSF%20Farm

Re: noalert * ?

martinp@tildeslash.com
Hello Billy,

you can setup an external mailing list / group alias, which you'll use as an alert recipient in Monit. That way you can have one global "set alert <mygroup>" entry in monit configuration file and disable alerts in specific service context easily with single "noalert <mygroup>" entry.

Another option could be to use M/Monit and delegate alert delivery to it ... it has more flexible alert rules then Monit.

Best regards,
Martin