notes link to pdf

Ryan Krauss-2
I want to put a link to a pdf file in a notes plan page.  I put the file path in [[double square brackets]].  This creates a link to the file, but the pdf opens in emacs.  I want it to launch a pdf viewer (I don't really care which but wouldn't care if I had to hard code kpdf or something).  How do I do this?

Thanks,

Ryan

Re: notes link to pdf

Suno Ano
 Ryan> I want it to launch a pdf viewer (I don't really care which but
 Ryan> wouldn't care if I had to hard code kpdf or something). How do I
 Ryan> do this?

Well, launches http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/DocViewMode for me since I
use emacs from http://emacs.orebokech.com/ on Debian sid.

Re: notes link to pdf

Mirko Vukovic
On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 10:29 AM, Ryan Krauss <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I want to put a link to a pdf file in a notes plan page.  I put the file
> path in [[double square brackets]].  This creates a link to the file, but
> the pdf opens in emacs.  I want it to launch a pdf viewer (I don't really
> care which but wouldn't care if I had to hard code kpdf or something).  How
> do I do this?

You need to prefix your link with file:// like [[file://path.to.file]]