nufw and squid, local internet authentication

nufw and squid, local internet authentication

Micah Nordland
I am working on a internet accountability program, and I want to use
squid and nufw to have a transparent proxy on one computer, and the user
needs to sign in to use the internet. Here's my desired result: Squid as
transparent local proxy forcing all programs to have to authenticate,
nufw providing transparent autentication. All of this need's to work on
just one computer, no server hardware in the mix.

Re: nufw and squid, local internet authentication

Micah Nordland
With nufw you may or may not need squid depending on what you need, are
you wanting squid to log url's?  It can all be done with one computer.

Do you have a directory server?

Regards
Glen Ogilvie

I'm not sure what a directory server is, nufw would do the logging, as
it needs to be per user logs, squid would be there to force the user to
go through nufw.

Re: nufw and squid, local internet authentication

Micah Nordland
I don't want to sound rude, but could some one please give me some help?