pdf: chicken 5 port

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

pdf: chicken 5 port

Robert Jensen
Hello,

I ported pdf [1] to chicken 5 [2]. I set up a release-info pointing at the 1.1.0 tag. I have contacted the original author to inquire about future maintenance.

All the best,
Rob


_______________________________________________
Chicken-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/chicken-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pdf: chicken 5 port

Mario Domenech Goulart-4
Hi Rob,

On Mon, 15 Jul 2019 19:20:00 -0400 Robert Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I ported pdf [1] to chicken 5 [2]. I set up a release-info pointing at
> the 1.1.0 tag. I have contacted the original author to inquire about
> future maintenance.
>
> [1] http://wiki.call-cc.org/eggref/4/pdf
> [2] https://github.com/r1b/pdf

Thanks.  Please let us know what the original author says, so that we
can point the egg index to the right location.

All the best.
Mario
--
http://parenteses.org/mario

_______________________________________________
Chicken-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/chicken-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pdf: chicken 5 port

Robert Jensen
Hello,

I got in touch with [hidden email] who indicated that he is no longer working on scheme. He was the last node in a chain of authors porting this code from CL -> Racket -> Chicken. He did mention that Felix had been working on another pdf extension that was to be merged with this one. So it seems like there is no maintainer but I am curious if there is another implementation that is preferred?

All the best,
Rob

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 1:06 AM Mario Domenech Goulart <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Rob,

On Mon, 15 Jul 2019 19:20:00 -0400 Robert Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I ported pdf [1] to chicken 5 [2]. I set up a release-info pointing at
> the 1.1.0 tag. I have contacted the original author to inquire about
> future maintenance.
>
> [1] http://wiki.call-cc.org/eggref/4/pdf
> [2] https://github.com/r1b/pdf

Thanks.  Please let us know what the original author says, so that we
can point the egg index to the right location.

All the best.
Mario
--
http://parenteses.org/mario

_______________________________________________
Chicken-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/chicken-users

_______________________________________________
Chicken-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/chicken-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pdf: chicken 5 port

felix.winkelmann
> I got in touch with [hidden email] who indicated that he is no longer
> working on scheme. He was the last node in a chain of authors porting this
> code from CL -> Racket -> Chicken. He did mention that Felix had been
> working on another pdf extension that was to be merged with this one. So it
> seems like there is no maintainer but I am curious if there is another
> implementation that is preferred?

Sorry, I can't recall. I may have helped in porting or given genberal
advice, but I can not remember doing any work on a specific pdf extension.


felix


_______________________________________________
Chicken-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/chicken-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pdf: chicken 5 port

Robert Jensen
Hello,

Following up - can this be added to the coop?

On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 5:11 PM <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I got in touch with [hidden email] who indicated that he is no longer
> working on scheme. He was the last node in a chain of authors porting this
> code from CL -> Racket -> Chicken. He did mention that Felix had been
> working on another pdf extension that was to be merged with this one. So it
> seems like there is no maintainer but I am curious if there is another
> implementation that is preferred?

Sorry, I can't recall. I may have helped in porting or given genberal
advice, but I can not remember doing any work on a specific pdf extension.


felix


_______________________________________________
Chicken-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/chicken-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pdf: chicken 5 port

Mario Domenech Goulart-4
Hi Robert,

On Mon, 22 Jul 2019 11:59:52 -0400 Robert Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Following up - can this be added to the coop?

Sure.  Thanks for your egg.  There's a small issue though: it tries to
import srfi-69, but srfi-69 (an egg in C5) is not specified as a
dependency in pdf.egg's `dependencies' form.  Could you please fix that
before we add pdf to the coop?

All the best.
Mario
--
http://parenteses.org/mario

_______________________________________________
Chicken-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/chicken-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pdf: chicken 5 port

felix.winkelmann
In reply to this post by Robert Jensen
> Hello,
>
> Following up - can this be added to the coop?
>

Sure. Where is the code? Do you have a publicly accessible repo?


felix



_______________________________________________
Chicken-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/chicken-users