pgpkeys.eu going offline

Daniel Austin-3
Hi everyone,

Just a heads up that pgpkeys.eu cluster will be going offline shortly
due to the UK leaving the EU and EURid registry revoking all .eu domains
for UK citizens on 1st Jan 2021.

It hasn't been in the hkps pool for some time anyway as its certificate
expired.

Thanks,

Dan.

Dan.

Re: pgpkeys.eu going offline

Daniel Austin-3
If anyone within one of the remaining EU member states would like the
domain name, you're welcome to it.  It's no use to me and will sit there
suspended until next year otherwise.

If anyone wants it, i'll transfer it over... first come first served.
(due to EU rules, you must be an EU resident and EURid may require you
to prove it)

Thanks,

Dan.

On 08/01/2021 08:08, Jacob Alonso Maldonado wrote:

> Well they want the brexit bye bye rights the normal . Anyway that domain
> is register and pointing to a IP
>
> On Fri, 25 Dec 2020, 9:58 pm Daniel Austin, <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi everyone,
>
>     Just a heads up that pgpkeys.eu <http://pgpkeys.eu> cluster will be
>     going offline shortly
>     due to the UK leaving the EU and EURid registry revoking all .eu
>     domains
>     for UK citizens on 1st Jan 2021.
>
>     It hasn't been in the hkps pool for some time anyway as its certificate
>     expired.
>

>     Thanks,
>
>     Dan.

Re: pgpkeys.eu going offline

Andrew Gallagher
I’ll take it if nobody else wants it. I’m an Irish citizen based in Dublin. I won’t be able to spin up a keyserver on it straight away, but I have been planning to do some hockeypuck experimentation so this will be a good kick up the backside. :-)

Thanks!

Andrew Gallagher

> On 9 Jan 2021, at 14:19, Daniel Austin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> If anyone within one of the remaining EU member states would like the domain name, you're welcome to it.  It's no use to me and will sit there suspended until next year otherwise.
>
> If anyone wants it, i'll transfer it over... first come first served.
> (due to EU rules, you must be an EU resident and EURid may require you to prove it)
>

> Thanks,
>
> Dan.
>
>> On 08/01/2021 08:08, Jacob Alonso Maldonado wrote:
>> Well they want the brexit bye bye rights the normal . Anyway that domain is register and pointing to a IP
>> On Fri, 25 Dec 2020, 9:58 pm Daniel Austin, <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>    Hi everyone,
>>    Just a heads up that pgpkeys.eu <http://pgpkeys.eu> cluster will be
>>    going offline shortly
>>    due to the UK leaving the EU and EURid registry revoking all .eu
>>    domains
>>    for UK citizens on 1st Jan 2021.
>>    It hasn't been in the hkps pool for some time anyway as its certificate
>>    expired.
>>    Thanks,
>>    Dan.

Re: pgpkeys.eu going offline

Andreas Puls
Hi all,

i can / would take it too. Living in germany and would point the domain
to my two keyservers.

Wish you all the best!
   Andreas

Am 09.01.2021 um 15:28 schrieb Andrew Gallagher:

> I’ll take it if nobody else wants it. I’m an Irish citizen based in Dublin. I won’t be able to spin up a keyserver on it straight away, but I have been planning to do some hockeypuck experimentation so this will be a good kick up the backside. :-)
>
> Thanks!
>
> Andrew Gallagher
>
>> On 9 Jan 2021, at 14:19, Daniel Austin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> If anyone within one of the remaining EU member states would like the domain name, you're welcome to it.  It's no use to me and will sit there suspended until next year otherwise.
>>
>> If anyone wants it, i'll transfer it over... first come first served.
>> (due to EU rules, you must be an EU resident and EURid may require you to prove it)
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Dan.
>>
>>> On 08/01/2021 08:08, Jacob Alonso Maldonado wrote:
>>> Well they want the brexit bye bye rights the normal . Anyway that domain is register and pointing to a IP
>>> On Fri, 25 Dec 2020, 9:58 pm Daniel Austin, <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>     Hi everyone,
>>>     Just a heads up that pgpkeys.eu <http://pgpkeys.eu> cluster will be
>>>     going offline shortly
>>>     due to the UK leaving the EU and EURid registry revoking all .eu
>>>     domains
>>>     for UK citizens on 1st Jan 2021.
>>>     It hasn't been in the hkps pool for some time anyway as its certificate
>>>     expired.
>>>     Thanks,
>>>     Dan.

Re: pgpkeys.eu going offline

Ángel
On 2021-01-08 at 16:08 +0800, Jacob Alonso Maldonado wrote:
> Well they want the brexit bye bye rights the normal . Anyway that
> domain is register and pointing to a IP

First of all, I find your comment somewhat rude, given that you don't
know the personal opinion of Dan regarding brexit. He could have
defended leaving EU, or he could have preferred staying there. And even
in the former case, this was a public service, which he provided for
free for many years at his expense.

And second, while technically still registered, the domain is
suspended, like the other 81k domains owned by UK citizens/companies.
It does *not* resolve (NXDOMAIN error code) so, as Dan noted, it went
offline.

These domains are still registered to the original owners, but if their
registration details don't change before 31st March (showing the owner
as eligible to own a .eu domain), they will be dropped ("withdrawn")
and made available for registration on 1st January 2022.

> This domain name has been placed in the “suspended” status as it is
> assigned to a non-eligible registrant following UK’s withdrawal from
> the European Union.
>
> Any update in the registration data for this domain name will be
> checked by EURid staff.
>
> If the domain name registration details continue not to meet the
> relevant eligibility criteria by 31 March 2021, the domain name will
> be marked as “withdrawn” from 1 April 2021. Withdrawn domain names
> formerly assigned to GB-GI registrants will be released for general
> registration as of 1 January 2022.
>
> For further information on the eligibility criteria of the .eu and
> its variants in other scripts please see our Registration Policy. See
> also the Brexit notice page.

https://eurid.eu/en/register-a-eu-domain/brexit-notice/

Regards