pks.gpg.cz broken?

Peter Palfrader-2
Hi,

it appears to me - and has for several weeks now - that pks.gpg.cz often
is very slow at returning answers, often to the point of getting into a
60 second timeout causing requests to fail entirely.

Is there something wrong with the system?  Should it be removed from
subkeys.pgp.net?

PS: subkeys.pgp.net could use more servers, if your sks is on a well
connected box with sufficient horsepower maybe you could consider having
it added to the rotation.

PPS: what happened to the keyserver-folks list?
--
                           |  .''`.  ** Debian GNU/Linux **
      Peter Palfrader      | : :' :      The  universal
 http://www.palfrader.org/ | `. `'      Operating System
                           |   `-    http://www.debian.org/

Re: pks.gpg.cz broken?

Jonathan Oxer-4
On Wed, 2008-01-16 at 13:03 +0100, Peter Palfrader wrote:

> PS: subkeys.pgp.net could use more servers, if your sks is on a well
> connected box with sufficient horsepower maybe you could consider having
> it added to the rotation.

I don't know if either my keyserver or I qualify (I'm a relative noob at
running a keyserver) but I'd be happy to have it included in the
rotation. Who should I contact about it?

The machine is a Core2 Quad Q6600 on a 100Mbps connection in the Verizon
datacentre in Melbourne, Australia. I assume geographic diversity is
also a bonus.

keys.keysigning.org

(By the way, anyone else want to peer? I have 9 gossip partners so far:
see http://keys.keysigning.org:11371/pks/lookup?op=stats)

Cheers   :-)
--
Jonathan Oxer
Ph +61 4 3851 6600

Re: pks.gpg.cz broken?

Peter Palfrader-2
On Wed, 16 Jan 2008, Jonathan Oxer wrote:

> I don't know if either my keyserver or I qualify (I'm a relative noob at
> running a keyserver) but I'd be happy to have it included in the
> rotation. Who should I contact about it?

Piete Brooks <[hidden email]> is who I contacted about having
my server added/updated/removed from that rotation in the past.  He'll
probably want to know if you are synchronized (you are).

> (By the way, anyone else want to peer? I have 9 gossip partners so far:
> see http://keys.keysigning.org:11371/pks/lookup?op=stats)

Added you to keyserver.noreply.org.  Please do the same on your end.

Peter
--
                           |  .''`.  ** Debian GNU/Linux **
      Peter Palfrader      | : :' :      The  universal
 http://www.palfrader.org/ | `. `'      Operating System
                           |   `-    http://www.debian.org/

Re: pks.gpg.cz broken?

Roman Pavlik

I'm responsible for pks.gpg.cz. I'm going to inspect the machine
and hope I'll find and solve the problem.

Roman Pavlik