planner gnus task references + gmail

Kilian Sprotte-3
Hi,

I have been using planner for a while now (it's great :) and yesterday
started with gnus (nnimap gmail). I have been very happily using
planner-create-task-from-buffer to link tasks to mails from my INBOX.

So far so good... My problem now is that I cannot access those mails
anymore when they have been archived.

I know that this has already been dealt with in here:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.planner.general/94

But some mails are missing from this thread, so it is a bit difficult to
see if there is an easy solution.

I thought that I should enable Gmail/All Mail as described in
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/GnusGmail
and then link from there. But the resulting gnus://... reference seems
to be broken due to '/' and ' '.

Hm, what are other people using as a setup for planner + gnus with imap
or even gmail?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
  Kilian

Re: planner gnus task references + gmail

John Sullivan-2
Kilian Sprotte <[hidden email]> writes:

> So far so good... My problem now is that I cannot access those mails
> anymore when they have been archived.
>
> I know that this has already been dealt with in here:
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.planner.general/94
>
> But some mails are missing from this thread, so it is a bit difficult to
> see if there is an easy solution.
>
> I thought that I should enable Gmail/All Mail as described in
> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/GnusGmail
> and then link from there. But the resulting gnus://... reference seems
> to be broken due to '/' and ' '.
>
> Hm, what are other people using as a setup for planner + gnus with imap
> or even gmail?

If you enable gnus-registry, then planner-gnus should recognize that and
things should work even if the messages have moved folders.

--
John Sullivan
Emacs Planner Maintainer