planner-multi breaks minibuffer completion on space bar

planner-multi breaks minibuffer completion on space bar

J. Bromley
Hello,

I've found a bug in planner-multi.el. When the function
planner-multi-read-name runs, minibuffer completion on a space bar key
press is broken.

This function gets called when planner-remember asks on which page to
store an entered note. After creating a note with remember (and hence
after this function gets called) pressing the space bar in a
minibuffer will no longer do completion. As far as I can tell, the
function is modifying the minibuffer key map and not properly
restoring it. After this, a space bar in the minibuffer produces a
space bar and doesn't do completion.

If I remove the "(require 'planner-multi)" line from my .emacs then
space bar completion works fine after using remember. This also is the
only elisp code I use that modifies minibuffer properties, so I'm
pretty certain that this function is the problem. It seems it might be
a simple fix, however my knowledge of planner/remember code and of
ELisp itself are a little weak.

Jay Bromley | jbromley at gmail dot com

Re: planner-multi breaks minibuffer completion on space bar

John Sullivan-2
"J. Bromley" <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I've found a bug in planner-multi.el. When the function
> planner-multi-read-name runs, minibuffer completion on a space bar key
> press is broken.

Yes, I can confirm this and it's now in our tracker as
https://gna.org/bugs/index.php?11953.

As a temporary solution, you can set planner-multi-separator to
something else, like ",".

--
John Sullivan
Emacs Planner Maintainer