planner-report not picking up notes

Dale Smith-8
Greetings List,

I'm trying to use use planner-report.el, and it's working fine for
Tasks, but it's not picking up any Notes.  I suspect that the notes
need to be formatted a special way, because I'm just creating them by
hand.  I'm using the Notes section to jot down things that have come
up or to expand on a completed task.  Basically, a place to remember
important things that have happened or that I have discovered.

Looking over the code for planner-report-find-notes, it appears to be
wanting the date in the note somehow.  I tried some notes formed like
this

.#3 The Note Title (2005.10.27)

but that doesn't seem to be what it's looking for.

But if the note is on a day page, doesn't it *already* know the date
of the note from the name of the page?  Is it only looking in plan
pages?

So, how *should* I be formatting my notes for planner-report?  Should
planner-report be modified to always include notes that are on a day
page?

Thanks!
  -Dale

Re: planner-report not picking up notes

Andrew J. Korty

Re: Re: planner-report not picking up notes

Dale Smith-8
On 10/27/05, Andrew J. Korty <[hidden email]> wrote:
> It does only look in plan pages.  It does that so it can easily group
> tasks and notes by project in the status report.

Ok.  Yeah, that's what's going on.  If I create a note using remember
and put the note in a project page, planner-report does see it, and it
doesn't if I put it in a day page.  Fouey.

> > Should planner-report be modified to always include notes that are
> > on a day page?
>
> Sounds like it should, at least optionally.  Maybe in addition to the
> project sections of the status report there could be another general
> section with all the tasks and notes not associated with plan pages.

Yeah, that's the kind of thing I was actually expecting it to do.

Thanks,
   -Dale