planner-tasks-overview

Michael Herstine <sp1ff@pobox.com>
Hi all,

I tried out `planner-tasks-overview' this morning, with less than
desirable results.  A little Googling brought me to this post by John:

  https://mail.gna.org/public/planner-el-discuss/2007-03/msg00028.html

in which he says "Yes, it needs a lot of fixing. I made some progress
a while back but it fell by the wayside. I do plan to fix it."  John,
is that still the case?

Maybe that's fine-- what I'm really looking for is some kind over
overview & organization feature.  I'm picturing something like `dired'
where I can get a list of tasks in a buffer, sort & filter them in
different ways, mark them & perform operations in batch.

Anyone know of such a thing?

--
  Michael <[hidden email]>

       web o http://www.unwoundstack.com
       ICQ o 198685593

Re: planner-tasks-overview

John Sullivan-2
[hidden email] (Michael Herstine <[hidden email]>) writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I tried out `planner-tasks-overview' this morning, with less than
> desirable results.  A little Googling brought me to this post by John:
>
>   https://mail.gna.org/public/planner-el-discuss/2007-03/msg00028.html
>
> in which he says "Yes, it needs a lot of fixing. I made some progress
> a while back but it fell by the wayside. I do plan to fix it."  John,
> is that still the case?
>
> Maybe that's fine-- what I'm really looking for is some kind over
> overview & organization feature.  I'm picturing something like `dired'
> where I can get a list of tasks in a buffer, sort & filter them in
> different ways, mark them & perform operations in batch.
>
> Anyone know of such a thing?

Are you using planner from git? There are a couple of changes since the
3.42 release that I think affect the operation of
planner-tasks-overview.

What problems are you still seeing? It does not let you operate directly
on tasks, but it does let you jump to them. In my brief test just now it
seemed to work as expected.

--
John Sullivan
Emacs Planner Maintainer

Re: planner-tasks-overview

Manish Sharma-6
On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 11:55 PM, Michael Herstine wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I tried out `planner-tasks-overview' this morning, with less than
> desirable results.  A little Googling brought me to this post by John:
>
>  https://mail.gna.org/public/planner-el-discuss/2007-03/msg00028.html
>
> in which he says "Yes, it needs a lot of fixing. I made some progress
> a while back but it fell by the wayside. I do plan to fix it."  John,
> is that still the case?
>
> Maybe that's fine-- what I'm really looking for is some kind over
> overview & organization feature.  I'm picturing something like `dired'
> where I can get a list of tasks in a buffer, sort & filter them in
> different ways, mark them & perform operations in batch.
>
> Anyone know of such a thing?

Yep.  It's called Org-mode.

http://orgmode.org/
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/index.php