polish translation file of Enigma

M. T.
Hey Enigma-folks!

I have a small question to you: Do you already have a polish translation of Enigma?
I noticed this entry on SVN, and I think someone is already working on it:

http://svn.berlios.de/wsvn/enigma-game/trunk/po/pl.po

But this file is empty there and there is still a lot of to translate!
I also wrote to this author of this file but still no answer.
I'm just translating the VLC Media Player into polish and I wanted to offer some help!
Ok, let me know how far the translation is and big thanks for this great remake of a classic game.

Have a nice day!
M.T

Mit Windows 7 wird online alles noch schneller und einfacher!

Re : polish translation file of Enigma

Busser Alain
> I noticed this entry on SVN, and I think someone is already working on
> it:
>
> http://svn.berlios.de/wsvn/enigma-game/trunk/po/pl.po

Well, I doubt the "po" means "polish" here, there must be some other meaning...

By the way I am still looking for the french file...

Alain

Re: Re : polish translation file of Enigma

shadowphrogg32642342@gmail.com
Yeah. and what about "pl"?

Bugzilla from ais523@bham.ac.uk
On Tue, 2010-01-12 at 22:07 +0400, Busser Alain wrote:

> > I noticed this entry on SVN, and I think someone is already working on
> > it:
> >
> > http://svn.berlios.de/wsvn/enigma-game/trunk/po/pl.po
> >

> Well, I doubt the "po" means "polish" here, there must be some other meaning...
>
> By the way I am still looking for the french file...
>
> Alain

".po" means "portable object"; it's used by GNU gettext to store
translation databases.

--
ais523

Re: polish translation file of Enigma

Raoul-3

> Yeah. and what about "pl"?

"pl" stands for polish. There is some ongoing work
on a polish translation. I don't know much about
the current state of this work.

> > By the way I am still looking for the french file...

We have a french file:

http://svn.berlios.de/wsvn/enigma-game/trunk/po/fr.po

And you are mentioned as last translator in this file:
"Last-Translator:  Alain Busser\n"

-- Raoul

Re: polish translation file of Enigma

Ronald Lamprecht

M. T. wrote:

> I have a small question to you: Do you already have a polish translation
> of Enigma?
> I noticed this entry on SVN, and I think someone is already working on it:
>
> http://svn.berlios.de/wsvn/enigma-game/trunk/po/pl.po
>
> But this file is empty there and there is still a lot of to translate!
> I also wrote to this author of this file but still no answer.
> I'm just translating the VLC Media Player into polish and I wanted to
> offer some help!
> Ok, let me know how far the translation is and big thanks for this great
> remake of a classic game.

I added the basic support and the initial po file on behalf of Erik, who
offered to make a Polish translation on this list half a year ago. His
main goal has been a full Polish translation on all Enigma aspects,
including the homepage, as part of an university project. This project
shall start this spring according to his last comments.

He offered to translate the basic application menus in advance for a
proper 1.10 release, but unfortunately he did not yet sent me any
results. If he does not answer within the next week I would be glad to
add a basic polish translation of any source that agrees on future fine
tuning work by Erik and his students.

I am just preparing a small homepage update with some explanations how
to localize Enigma. Comments and additions are welcome.

Greets,

Ronald