production tweaks

Skip Carter
With a lot of help from people on this list, keyserver.taygeta.com has
been running (mostly) trouble-free for a week now.  I now want to make
some adjustment to make it a production system.

First, I don't see a mechanism to rotate logs.  I wrote a script to
rotate the logs and then restart the two components; it works fine but
I'd rather use a built-in mechanism if there is one.

Second, the log location -- can that be specified in the sksconf file ?

Third, my Server Contact field is blank.  Where and how do I set it ?

Fourth, how often is the server statistics information refreshed ?  How
do I control it ?  It appears to only happen at startup.

--
Dr Everett (Skip) Carter
[hidden email]

Taygeta Scientific Inc
607 Charles Ave
Seaside CA 93955
831-641-0645 x103

Re: production tweaks

Travis

On 6/16/2019 8:30 PM, Skip Carter wrote:
> Third, my Server Contact field is blank.  Where and how do I set it ?

In your sksconf set `server_contact:` to your PGP ID.

> Fourth, how often is the server statistics information refreshed ?  How
> do I control it ?  It appears to only happen at startup.

I have a sks user crontab to execute the following every hour

`pkill -USR2 sks || exit 1`

Travis

Re: production tweaks

Skip Carter
Thanks.  Is there a document describing what can go into sksconf ?

On Mon, 2019-06-17 at 10:38 -0500, Travis Megee wrote:
> On 6/16/2019 8:30 PM, Skip Carter wrote:
> > Third, my Server Contact field is blank.  Where and how do I set it
> > ?
> >

> In your sksconf set `server_contact:` to your PGP ID.

--
Dr Everett (Skip) Carter
[hidden email]

Taygeta Scientific Inc
607 Charles Ave
Seaside CA 93955
831-641-0645 x103

Re: production tweaks

Todd Fleisher
On Jun 17, 2019, at 9:37 AM, Skip Carter <[hidden email]> wrote:

Signed PGP part
Thanks.  Is there a document describing what can go into sksconf