question about libconfuse

James Buren
I've been trying to use libconfuse with ansi C, but I keep getting errors
when I try to compile it with gcc and -pedantic-errors.

error: initializer element is not computable at load time

Or something to this effect. Is there any way I can use it with
pedantic-errors enabled?

Re: question about libconfuse

Carlo Marcelo Arenas Belon
On Sat, Jan 03, 2009 at 02:51:18AM -0600, James Buren wrote:
> I've been trying to use libconfuse with ansi C

are you using HEAD or a specific version?

> but I keep getting errors
> when I try to compile it with gcc and -pedantic-errors.

assuming gcc (which version/os/architecture?), use instead :

  CFLAGS="-ansi -pedantic"

> error: initializer element is not computable at load time

this come from the use of the CFG_SIMPLE_* or CFG_SEC macros and
are not a problem to build the library as much as the examples and
unless you are using them in your code as well.

> Or something to this effect. Is there any way I can use it with
> pedantic-errors enabled?

no, and unless the library is patched to overcome those warnings (which
are not fatal unless --pedantic-errors is user), is that needed?

Carlo