"Smart" backup deletion/rotation

duplicity-talk mailing list
Hey Duplicity ‘peeps,

I recently went from a Synology NAS to a custom PC running Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, and I really miss the “smart” backup rotation of DSM/HyperBackup. This is where old backups are deleted in an increasingly aggressive manner (by age); “old” backups would be left, such that weekly or monthly backups existed as space permitted, and more recent backups (like hourly backups) were kept completely. This greatly improved the archiving capabilities without increasing the backup size.

Is there anything comparable in Duplicity? If not, where/how can I help to add such a feature?

Regards,
Alex