"clean" option to web interface

Joseph Oreste Bruni-3
Hello,

I'm poking through the source code a bit to get a better understanding
of the web interface to SKS. I noticed an option called "clean". Since
I'm not familiar with the caml language, could someone enlighten me as
to what this does? A URL path would look like this:

/pks/lookup/op=get&search=CD5518C7&clean=on

I don't see anything different in the output with or without the
"clean" parameter.

My goal is to start providing some documentation for this project.

Joe

Re: "clean" option to web interface

Phil Pennock-17
On 2009-01-29 at 16:45 -0700, Joseph Oreste Bruni wrote:
> I'm poking through the source code a bit to get a better understanding
> of the web interface to SKS. I noticed an option called "clean". Since
> I'm not familiar with the caml language, could someone enlighten me as
> to what this does? A URL path would look like this:
>
> /pks/lookup/op=get&search=CD5518C7&clean=on
>
> I don't see anything different in the output with or without the
> "clean" parameter.

In part, that's because the default is on, you need to pass clean=off.

The filter in the default cleaned output removes bad keys, bad
self-sigs, etc.  Since you're probably testing by looking at a good key,
you won't see much difference.

I've not seen a difference yet, but I never turn it off unless I'm
looking for a difference and can't then find such keys.

> My goal is to start providing some documentation for this project.

When putting together a form for my server, I looked at existing forms
but was a little surprised to see no variance whatsoever in the
mechanics, so I checked the code to improve the knobs visible.
http://sks.spodhuis.org/ might be of interest.  There were only a few.

-Phil