rdiff-backup on an rsnapshot repository

Marcus Schopen
Hi,

I'm running rsnapshot from daily.0 to daily.6 on a remote host. After
rsnapshot is finished I start rdiff-backup on the local rsnapshot
daily.0 for long time archiving with compression. My problem are the
changing inode index numbers of modified files caused by rsnapshot.
Because of changed meta data of those files rdiff-backup renews its
backup until the inode index number is constant again (no changes
between daily.0 and daily.6 run). So rdiff-backup thinks after one
changed file for the next 7 runs, that the meta-data has changed. I
tested the --no-compare-inode option which doesn't help. Andy ideas?

Ciao!