scm2wiki egg release

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

scm2wiki egg release

ipcore
Hi all,

Think my little auto-documentation tool has matured enough for an
official egg release. Wrote it mainly to generate API documentation for
my Bintracker project (https://bintracker.org/documentation/index.html),
but maybe some of you will find it useful, too.

https://github.com/utz82/scm2wiki
https://github.com/utz82/scm2wiki/raw/master/scm2wiki.release-info

Best wishes,
-utz

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: scm2wiki egg release

Mario Domenech Goulart-4
Hi Utz,

On Sat, 14 Nov 2020 13:04:32 +0100 [hidden email] wrote:

> Think my little auto-documentation tool has matured enough for an
> official egg release. Wrote it mainly to generate API documentation
> for my Bintracker project
> (https://bintracker.org/documentation/index.html), but maybe some of
> you will find it useful, too.
>
> https://github.com/utz82/scm2wiki
> https://github.com/utz82/scm2wiki/raw/master/scm2wiki.release-info

Thanks!  Unfortunately, installation fails with

    Syntax error (import): cannot import from undefined module

            scm-semantics

You can reproduce this issue with the following command:

    $ test-new-egg scm2wiki 'https://github.com/utz82/scm2wiki/raw/master/scm2wiki.release-info'

To see the error, you can use salmonella-log-viewer:

    $ salmonella-log-viewer <tmpdir>/scm2wiki/0.3.1/salmonella.log

(<tmpdir> is the temporary path printed by test-new-egg.)

test-new-egg is an egg and salmonella-log-viewer is part of salmonella
(which is a dependency of test-new-egg).  In case you don't have
test-new-egg-installed, you can install it with chicken-install.

All the best.
Mario
--
http://parenteses.org/mario

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: scm2wiki egg release

ipcore
Argh! Had only tested with salmonella, which, strangely enough, didn't
trigger the issue. Anyway, should be fixed now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
-utz

On 11/14/20 5:47 PM, Mario Domenech Goulart wrote:

> Hi Utz,
>
> On Sat, 14 Nov 2020 13:04:32 +0100 [hidden email] wrote:
>
>> Think my little auto-documentation tool has matured enough for an
>> official egg release. Wrote it mainly to generate API documentation
>> for my Bintracker project
>> (https://bintracker.org/documentation/index.html), but maybe some of
>> you will find it useful, too.
>>
>> https://github.com/utz82/scm2wiki
>> https://github.com/utz82/scm2wiki/raw/master/scm2wiki.release-info
>
> Thanks!  Unfortunately, installation fails with
>
>      Syntax error (import): cannot import from undefined module
>
>              scm-semantics
>
> You can reproduce this issue with the following command:
>
>      $ test-new-egg scm2wiki 'https://github.com/utz82/scm2wiki/raw/master/scm2wiki.release-info'
>
> To see the error, you can use salmonella-log-viewer:
>
>      $ salmonella-log-viewer <tmpdir>/scm2wiki/0.3.1/salmonella.log
>
> (<tmpdir> is the temporary path printed by test-new-egg.)
>
> test-new-egg is an egg and salmonella-log-viewer is part of salmonella
> (which is a dependency of test-new-egg).  In case you don't have
> test-new-egg-installed, you can install it with chicken-install.
>
> All the best.
> Mario
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: scm2wiki egg release

Mario Domenech Goulart-4
On Sat, 14 Nov 2020 21:05:49 +0100 [hidden email] wrote:

> Argh! Had only tested with salmonella, which, strangely enough, didn't
> trigger the issue. Anyway, should be fixed now. Sorry for the
> inconvenience.

No problem at all!  Thanks for addressing the issue so quickly.

Salmonella is somewhat limited when it comes to testing eggs in their
development directory, as it cannot guarantee that everything is going
to be built from scratch and it cannot tell whether all the source files
in the development directory have actually been uploaded to the remote
repository.  test-new-egg is able to catch all those issues.

Anyway, thanks again.  Your egg has been added to the coop.

All the best.
Mario
--
http://parenteses.org/mario