searching for new peers

Francisco Jesus Monserrat Coll
Hello ,

It seems that all the peers my keyservers are currently down so both keyserver are outside the sks network, so please can anyone add the keyserver to their membership  and tell me

gozer.rediris.es 11370 # Francisco.monserrat 0xE50EEC8419067756 [hidden email]
zuul.rediris.es  11370 # Francisco.monserrat 0xE50EEC8419067756 [hidden email]

Both machines reply to the DNS cname pgp.rediris.es

regards

paco

Re: searching for new peers

Tobias Frei
A brave bastion of calm, a tower of strength, and the wonderful irony
of "seemingly currently down" keyservers. To be commended, with a
smile. Have a nice day! ~ Tobias Frei

Zitat von Francisco Monserrat <[hidden email]>:

> Hello ,
>

> It seems that all the peers my keyservers are currently down so both
> keyserver are outside the sks network, so please can anyone add the
> keyserver to their membership  and tell me
>

> gozer.rediris.es 11370 # Francisco.monserrat 0xE50EEC8419067756
> [hidden email]
> zuul.rediris.es  11370 # Francisco.monserrat 0xE50EEC8419067756
> [hidden email]
>
> Both machines reply to the DNS cname pgp.rediris.es
>

> regards
>
> paco

Re: searching for new peers

Brian Minton
On 9/5/19 9:28 AM, Francisco Monserrat wrote:
> Hello ,
>

> It seems that all the peers my keyservers are currently down so both keyserver are outside the sks network, so please can anyone add the keyserver to their membership  and tell me

My key server is currently down because of a hardware failure.  I'm
trying to get it working (I may need a new motherboard), and if I do get
it back up and running, I'll peer with you.  I have an sks instance, and
a hockeypuck instance.

Re: searching for new peers

Iñaki Arenaza

Hi Francisco,

We are in a similiar but even more "bizarre" situation. We still have a
couple of peers alive (keyserver.snt.utwente.nl and keyserver.dobrev.eu)
and have 5890647 keys as of now. So enough to be part of the pool, as
https://sks-keyservers.net/status states (again as of now):

 Lower bound of keys:    5883490
 Mean:                   5887697
 Median:                 5891255
 Max difference:         4206
 Max keys:               5891641

But apparently our server it not reachable through any of the pool graph
"bootstrapping" servers. So it doesn't even apper in the status
page.

Even more strangely, one of our peers (keyserver.dobrev.eu) appears in
the pool status page, but as "Not responding" (it certainly does respond
as of now). And the other (keyserver.snt.utwente.nl) doesn't appear in
the status page either. But our server can reach both of them, and get
key updates from them. And not only a trickle of them, but enough to be
part of the pool. So our peers must be well connected to the pool
somehow. I wonder if the "pool graph" discovery process is not missing
something.

In any case I have just added your servers as peers to our server:

  keyserver.escomposlinux.org 113710 # 0x9494EB8D619AFE032AD1C2DCBE84550A2578867D PGP Key Server Administrator <[hidden email]>

And I kindly request other servers in the pool to add our server as a
peer.

Best regards,
Inaki.

On jue, sep 05 2019, Francisco Monserrat wrote:

> Hello ,
>
> It seems that all the peers my keyservers are currently down so both
> keyserver are outside the sks network, so please can anyone add the
> keyserver to their membership and tell me
>

> gozer.rediris.es 11370 # Francisco.monserrat 0xE50EEC8419067756 [hidden email]
> zuul.rediris.es  11370 # Francisco.monserrat 0xE50EEC8419067756 [hidden email]
>
> Both machines reply to the DNS cname pgp.rediris.es

Re: searching for new peers

Gabor Kiss
On Thu, 5 Sep 2019, Francisco Monserrat wrote:

> It seems that all the peers my keyservers are currently down so both keyserver are outside the sks network, so please can anyone add the keyserver to their membership  and tell me

Here you are. :)
Please add this line to your config:

keys.niif.hu 11370 # Gabor Kiss <[hidden email]> 0x3B4A0EFBBD368329

Regards

Gabor
--
"Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer?
Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput."

Re: searching for new peers

Gabor Kiss
>   keyserver.escomposlinux.org 113710 # 0x9494EB8D619AFE032AD1C2DCBE84550A2578867D PGP Key Server Administrator <[hidden email]>
>
> And I kindly request other servers in the pool to add our server as a
> peer.

You are welcome. My entry is

# Gabor Kiss <[hidden email]> 0x3B4A0EFBBD368329
keys.niif.hu 11370

Regards

Gabor

On lun, sep 09 2019, Kiss Gabor (Bitman) wrote:

> You are welcome. My entry is
>
> # Gabor Kiss <[hidden email]> 0x3B4A0EFBBD368329
> keys.niif.hu 11370

Thanks Gabor! Added to our server.

Best regards,
Inaki.

Re: searching for new peers

William Hay
On Sun, Sep 08, 2019 at 11:42:27AM +0200, Iñaki Arenaza wrote:
> In any case I have just added your servers as peers to our server:
>
>   keyserver.escomposlinux.org 113710 # 0x9494EB8D619AFE032AD1C2DCBE84550A2578867D PGP Key Server Administrator <[hidden email]>
>
> And I kindly request other servers in the pool to add our server as a
> peer.
Done.  Please reciprocate.

sks.srv.dumain.com 11370 # 0xA0B31F88E8123356  William Hay <[hidden email]>

William