server mode on Mac?

Justin R. Miller
Is this supposed to work? I don’t ever get a listening port on the latest Mac (10.14.3), either with defaults or with -o shell.port set to a custom value.

I’m happy to take a closer look at fixing/adding this, but first wanted to see if I’m missing something simple.

I have success with this on Linux (Raspian) on a Pi installation server, which I am trying to replicate on my Mac for further development options while away from the Pi setup.

JM

Re: server mode on Mac?

Tom M.
Network support has been disabled for Darwin in 2003:

https://github.com/FluidSynth/fluidsynth/commit/
6cc13e3060a98845181547dd9083fd1262fdc726

Seems to be an attempt to fix build. Don't know about the actual problem
though. Anyway, I've re-enabled it and it builds fine on Travis:

https://travis-ci.org/FluidSynth/fluidsynth/jobs/491172895

fluidsynth now also prints a note when attempting to start the server although
compiled without network support. Would be nice if you could check out the
branch below and confirm that it builds and works for you:

https://github.com/FluidSynth/fluidsynth/tree/network-darwin

P.S.: A debug build of fluidsynth should print messages like:

"Server listening for connections" and "New client connection"

Tom