sks server at gabrix.ath.cx 11370

gabrix-4
Hi !
I have a sks server at this url gabrix.ath.cx 11370.
I run debian lenny/sid and i downloaded a keydump by wget.
The server looks like is working but after a gpg --keysearch whatever i
don't get any result .
I guess i need more server to start gossiping with and advices .
Thanks !
Gab
--
sec   1024D/BC4F9423 2008-12-05
Key fingerprint = 36C6 E257 2801 46E7 69A7  8721 F502 1342 BC4F 9423

Re: sks server at gabrix.ath.cx 11370

Kiss Gabor (Bitman)
> I have a sks server at this url gabrix.ath.cx 11370.

$ host gabrix.ath.cx
gabrix.ath.cx           A       79.42.23.58
$ host -i 79.42.23.58
58.23.42.79.in-addr.arpa        PTR     host58-23-dynamic.42-79-r.retail.telecomitalia.it
$

Do you have dynamic IP address?

Regards

Gabor

Re: sks server at gabrix.ath.cx 11370

Kiss Gabor (Bitman)
> > Do you have dynamic IP address?

> Yes !

I wonder if sks can recover gossip partnership
if connection lose and your address changes?
I guess not.
I think it resolves hostnames at startup only.

Gabor

Re: sks server at gabrix.ath.cx 11370

Chris Kuethe
On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 9:47 PM, Kiss Gabor (Bitman) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Do you have dynamic IP address?
>
>> Yes !
>
> I wonder if sks can recover gossip partnership
> if connection lose and your address changes?
> I guess not.
> I think it resolves hostnames at startup only.

it reloads membership at a configurable interval ... see "sks help"

also, gabrix, you need to shut down your sks instance, run "sks
cleandb" and restart sks...

CK

Re: sks server at gabrix.ath.cx 11370

Kiss Gabor (Bitman)
> it reloads membership at a configurable interval ... see "sks help"

Sorry Chris, but I do not understand what do you mean:

sks db:  Initiates database server
sks recon:  Initiates reconciliation server
sks cleandb:  Apply filters to all keys in database, fixing some common
   problems
sks build:  Build key database, including body of keys directly in database
sks fastbuild -n [size] -cache [mbytes]:  Build key database, doesn't include
   keys directly in database, faster than build.  -n specifies the mulitple
   of 15000 keys to read in at once, and -cache specifies the database cache
   to use in megabytes
sks pbuild -cache [mbytes] -ptree_cache [mbytes]:  Build prefix-tree
   database, used by reconciliation server, from key database.  Allows for
   specification of cache for key database and for ptree database.
sks dump #keys dumpdir:  Create a raw dump of the keys in the database
sks merge:  Adds key from key files to existing database
sks drop:  Drops key from database.  Requires running sks db.
sks update_subkeys [-n # of updates / 1000]:  Updates subkey keyid index to
   include all current keys.  Only useful when upgrading versions 1.0.4 or
   before of sks.
sks incdump timestamp(seconds since 1970) [dumpname]:  Create a raw dump of
   the keys in the database that gotupdated after timestamp
sks unit_test:  Runs basic unit tests and reporst results
sks help:  Prints this message

Moreover I did not find any configuration option that would help.
(sks 1.1.0)

Gabor

On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 9:57 PM, Kiss Gabor (Bitman) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> it reloads membership at a configurable interval ... see "sks help"
>
> Sorry Chris, but I do not understand what do you mean:

sorry, i meant "--help"

  -membership_reload_interval      maximum interval (in hours) at
which membership file is reloaded

Re: sks server at gabrix.ath.cx 11370

Kiss Gabor (Bitman)
>   -membership_reload_interval      maximum interval (in hours) at
> which membership file is reloaded

I see. Thanks. :-)

Gabor

Kiss Gabor (Bitman) wrote:
>>   -membership_reload_interval      maximum interval (in hours) at
>> which membership file is reloaded
>
> I see. Thanks. :-)
>
> Gabor

After a  gpg --search-keys whatever i get a key not found , i have
downloaded manually a keydump by wget and the command sks cleandb says:
Fatal error: exception Not_found.

Gab