sony-ericsson p910i

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

sony-ericsson p910i

Walter Cazzola
Dear Experts,
since I'm moving to a new phone my old sony-ericsson p910i is going to
retire but before that I'd like to get all the SMS, photos and phone
numbers I've stored on it and that I can't move to the SIM (too small).

It connects to my laptop (where I'm running Fedora 20) through a craddle
and a usb cable but the KDE "device notifiers" (I don't know the
application name) don't recognize its presence not mount it
automatically.

Googling around seems that the tool to connect to a smartphone (also old
generation as mine) is gnokii but seems that it needs to be configured
before detecting the phone and I'm not able to do that. Google doesn't
help either: I didn't find any configuration for gnokii supporting my
phone.

So, someone can help me? Attached the result of lsusb if it helps.

Best
Walter

--

_______________________________________________
gnokii-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/gnokii-users

lsusb.txt (2K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: sony-ericsson p910i

Daniele Forsi-2
Dear Walter, you wrote:

> old sony-ericsson p910i

> It connects to my laptop (where I'm running Fedora 20) through a craddle
> and a usb cable but the KDE "device notifiers" (I don't know the
> application name) don't recognize its presence not mount it
> automatically.

according to your lsusb the cradle has only a vendor specific
endpoint, not something handled by generic drivers, did you check in
phone menus if you need to enable the use of the phone as a modem
and/or as mass storage?

> Googling around seems that the tool to connect to a smartphone (also old
> generation as mine) is gnokii

old? it's unlikely that you will get anything interesting from your
phone with gnokii because the Symbian phones supported by libgnokii
are older than yours and Symbians do not support the commands
supported by older and newer Nokias; you may have better luck with
SyncML if supported by the phone

so your best bet is if you can to a backup on the memory stick and
read it on your PC

it's also worth trying to use Bluetooth (but it's likely to implement
only modem commands and headset commands): first pair phone and
computer with the tools provided by your OS or DE, then create a
/etc/gnokiirc config file with the following lines:
[global]
model = AT
connection = bluetooth
port = {BT address of your phone}

if libgnokii doesn't find the right BT channel automatically, you need
to manually add a line with a channel number reported by sdptool
browse:
rfcomm_channel = {CHANNEL NUMBER}

also worth trying model = 6510 with the same settings

however I think that neither --getphonebook nor --getsms will work
because they didn't work with phones similar to yours

P. S. there is/was Python port for Symbian that could be able the read
some data from the phone but I don't know if it's compatible with your
phone and how much hassle would be for you to learn it and write a
program to dump your data
--
Daniele Forsi

_______________________________________________
gnokii-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/gnokii-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: sony-ericsson p910i

Walter Cazzola
Dear Daniele,

On Mon, 13 Oct 2014, Daniele Forsi wrote:

>> old sony-ericsson p910i

>> It connects to my laptop (where I'm running Fedora 20) through a craddle
>> and a usb cable but the KDE "device notifiers" (I don't know the
>> application name) don't recognize its presence not mount it
>> automatically.

> according to your lsusb the cradle has only a vendor specific
> endpoint, not something handled by generic drivers, did you check in
> phone menus if you need to enable the use of the phone as a modem
> and/or as mass storage?

inside the «control panel» menu under the entry «cable» I've two
options: «PC connect» and «modem». The lsusb's result I sent in the previous
message was realized with the «PC connect» option but now I'ǘe tried the
same with «modem» and diffing the two files I get exactly the same
result.

>> Googling around seems that the tool to connect to a smartphone (also old
>> generation as mine) is gnokii

> old? it's unlikely that you will get anything interesting from your
> phone with gnokii because the Symbian phones supported by libgnokii
> are older than yours and Symbians do not support the commands
> supported by older and newer Nokias; you may have better luck with
> SyncML if supported by the phone

I don't know what SyncML is or how to install it on my PC/phone.

> so your best bet is if you can to a backup on the memory stick and
> read it on your PC

The p910i phone supports stick duo pro that don't fit in my sd reader.

Anyway I was able to get a backup as a .ecs files that at the end is a
zip file but ieven though I can open it the only things I can get from
are photos, music and videos all the rest (SMS and phone numbers) is in
a proprietary format that I don't know how to read on linux (or windows).
Do you know how to deal with them?

> it's also worth trying to use Bluetooth

unfortunately I don't have a pc with bluetooth capabilities.

> however I think that neither --getphonebook nor --getsms will work
> because they didn't work with phones similar to yours

I see, do you know any alternatives to this?

> P. S. there is/was Python port for Symbian that could be able the read
> some data from the phone but I don't know if it's compatible with your
> phone and how much hassle would be for you to learn it and write a
> program to dump your data

Any url to point out? I would give it a try.

Thank you

Walter

--

_______________________________________________
gnokii-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/gnokii-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: sony-ericsson p910i

Daniele Forsi-2
2014-10-13 15:00 GMT+02:00 Walter Cazzola:

> I don't know what SyncML is or how to install it on my PC/phone.

I never used it but it was reported to work, here there is also a list
of software
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SyncML

> Anyway I was able to get a backup as a .ecs files that at the end is a
> zip file but ieven though I can open it the only things I can get from
> are photos, music and videos all the rest (SMS and phone numbers) is in
> a proprietary format that I don't know how to read on linux (or windows). Do
> you know how to deal with them?

maybe with some Sony Ericsson software of the era, also a Nokia PC
Suite of the era could work

if you can send one to me I can look at it, SMS are likely to e in a
somewhat standard format, while contacts are likely to be harder to
understand, but you can do test yourself if SMS are in the same format
as the AT protocol:
mkdir /tmp/sms/
hexdump -v -e '/1 "%02X"' <my-file.ecs >/tmp/sms/1
gnokii --phone fake --getsms ME 1

> I see, do you know any alternatives to this?

only if you can get a standard connection method to work, for example
obexftp ca read the entire phonebook in vCard format:

obexftp --bluetooth 00:11:22:33:44:55 --get telecom/pb.vcf
and the same with --irda or --usb

>> P. S. there is/was Python port for Symbian that could be able the read

> Any url to point out? I would give it a try.

https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_id=854

--
Daniele Forsi

_______________________________________________
gnokii-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/gnokii-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: sony-ericsson p910i

Walter Cazzola
On Mon, 13 Oct 2014, Daniele Forsi wrote:

> 2014-10-13 15:00 GMT+02:00 Walter Cazzola:

>> I don't know what SyncML is or how to install it on my PC/phone.

> I never used it but it was reported to work, here there is also a list
> of software
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SyncML

I found SynchML between the files backup-ed so probably it is supported
by my phone.

> if you can send one to me I can look at it,

it is not so easy, attached you find the catalog of the whole backup
file; as you can see apart multimedia files all the other are pretty
anonymous. I suppose that SMSs are those in the Mail dir but I can't bet
on that. I you want I can send one to you privately.

> SMS are likely to e in a somewhat standard format, while contacts are
> likely to be harder to understand, but you can do test yourself if SMS
> are in the same format as the AT protocol:
> mkdir /tmp/sms/
> hexdump -v -e '/1 "%02X"' <my-file.ecs >/tmp/sms/1

I've tried this on one of the file in Mail and I can translate it from
executable format to text but ...

> gnokii --phone fake --getsms ME 1

... when I try this I get

   GNOKII Version 0.6.31
   LOG: debug mask is 0x1
   Config read from file /etc/gnokiirc.
   phone instance config:
   model = fake
   port = foobar
   connection = serial
   initlength = default
   serial_baudrate = 19200
   serial_write_usleep = -1
   handshake = software
   require_dcd = 0
   smsc_timeout = 10
   rfcomm_channel = 0
   sm_retry = 0
   Initializing...
   Connecting
   Getting message #2 from ME
   Invalid message center length (105)
   Getting SMS failed (location 2 from ME memory)! (Problem occurred
   internal to model specific code.)

that I can't interpret or fix

>> I see, do you know any alternatives to this?

> only if you can get a standard connection method to work, for example
> obexftp ca read the entire phonebook in vCard format:

this would be great.

> obexftp --bluetooth 00:11:22:33:44:55 --get telecom/pb.vcf
> and the same with --irda or --usb

what is «00:11:22:33:44:55» it looks as a mac address but I don't know
how to get it.

Walter

--
_______________________________________________
gnokii-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/gnokii-users

filestore.dat.txt (107K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: sony-ericsson p910i

Daniele Forsi-2
2014-10-13 16:31 GMT+02:00 Walter Cazzola:

> I suppose that SMSs are those in the Mail dir but I can't bet
> on that. I you want I can send one to you privately.

yes, please send me one of them

>   Invalid message center length (105)
>   Getting SMS failed (location 2 from ME memory)! (Problem occurred
>   internal to model specific code.)
>
> that I can't interpret or fix

it means that the format is not exactly the same as expected

>> obexftp --bluetooth 00:11:22:33:44:55 --get telecom/pb.vcf
>> and the same with --irda or --usb
>
>
> what is «00:11:22:33:44:55» it looks as a mac address but I don't know
> how to get it.

it's the Bluetooth address of your phone, you would see it from KDE's
BlueDevil or from the terminal with sdptool browse and also form phone
menus

--
Daniele Forsi

_______________________________________________
gnokii-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/gnokii-users