stumptray?

ben lamothe
Hi. First, I've been using stumpwm for the past few years now and love it. Thanks a lot for building it.

I'm trying to find documentation on how to enable and configure stumptray but I haven't had any luck.

I've come across the README [1], but I added the `(load-modules "stumptray")` to my .stumpwmrc and restarted stump, but nothing seemed to happen. I've also come across two related github issues [2][3], but they just point to the readme. Are there any docs on how to set up and configure stumptray that I'm missing or, if there aren't any docs besides what I've referenced here, could someone walk me through how to configure and enable stumptray?

Re: stumptray?

Dimitri Minaev

On 11/12/2017 03:41 AM, ben lamothe wrote:
> Hi. First, I've been using stumpwm for the past few years now and love
> it. Thanks a lot for building it.
>
> I'm trying to find documentation on how to enable and configure
> stumptray but I haven't had any luck.

Here's what I've got in .stumpwmrc:

(load-module "stumptray")
(stumptray:stumptray)

And put the second line as close to the end of the file as possible.

Re: stumptray?

ben lamothe
Thanks for the help, but that doesn't seem to have any effect. i've tried this both with and without a mode line, but no tray. Are there any extra mode line configuration directives necessary to make the tray show up?

I can start up stalonetray and see icons in the transient window, but stalonetray's window disappears as soon as the window below it gets focus, so i'd prefer a stump native tray. does anyone know what i could be missing that prevents stumptray from starting up?

On 11/21/2017 05:55 AM, ben lamothe wrote:
> Thanks for the help, but that doesn't seem to have any effect. i've
> tried this both with and without a mode line, but no tray. Are there any
> extra mode line configuration directives necessary to make the tray show
> up?

Did you run `make install-modules' when you installed Stump? Is there
.stumpwm.d/modules directory in your $HOME directory? If so, please, run
function `list-modules' to check if stumptray is in the list.

Re: stumptray?

David Bjergaard
Dimitri Minaev <[hidden email]> writes:

> On 11/21/2017 05:55 AM, ben lamothe wrote:
>> Thanks for the help, but that doesn't seem to have any effect. i've
>> tried this both with and without a mode line, but no tray. Are there any
>> extra mode line configuration directives necessary to make the tray show
>> up?
>
> Did you run `make install-modules' when you installed Stump? Is there
> .stumpwm.d/modules directory in your $HOME directory? If so, please, run
> function `list-modules' to check if stumptray is in the list.
Also consider making sure cl-xembed is installed.  For issues like this it can
be best to debug them from a REPL since you may see warnings that are otherwise
squelched during startup.

Also try running stumptray manually with "C-t ; stumptray"  (ie run the colon
command).