system tray "support"

Eike

Hi Stumpwm users,

I recently have to maintain a java application that wants to add itself
to the system tray. This, of course, does not work with stumpwm (which
is great:-)). I just was wondering if anyone knows an application I can
start when working on this app that acts as a system tray? I searched
for it without luck so far. I rather don't want to switch to a complete
desktop just for this….

Thanks and kind regards
Eike

system tray "support"

Michael Raskin-3
>is great:-)). I just was wondering if anyone knows an application I can
>start when working on this app that acts as a system tray? I searched

trayer

https://github.com/sargon/trayer-srg

Re: system tray "support"

Christopher Rodriguez

Hey Eike,

When I need a tray for something in StumpWM, I use stalonetray due to its lack of dependencies (I'm running Slackware, other distros might have some I suppose), small footprint, and straightforward configuration. It plays fairly nice with Stump, though OOTB it appears in the middle of the screen on one group rather than the top or bottom of every group (which is fine by me). Here's a URL: http://stalonetray.sourceforge.net/

HTH,

Christopher Rodriguez

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016, 11:12 Eike <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Stumpwm users,

I recently have to maintain a java application that wants to add itself
to the system tray. This, of course, does not work with stumpwm (which
is great:-)). I just was wondering if anyone knows an application I can
start when working on this app that acts as a system tray? I searched
for it without luck so far. I rather don't want to switch to a complete
desktop just for this….

Thanks and kind regards
Eike

Re: system tray "support"

Eike

Hi Christopher and Michael,

thank you very much! Both work fine! I don't need anything fancy, I'll
only use it when working on this java app.

Thanks,
Eike

--
gpg: AD7AC35E
finger print: 137F BB0B 1639 D25F DC5D E59C B412 C5F5 AD7A C35E

Re: system tray "support"

Joram Schrijver
Hey,

There is also stumptray, which integrates with the mode-line. It's in
stumpwm-contrib.

https://github.com/stumpwm/stumpwm-contrib/tree/master/util/stumptray

--
  Joram

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016, at 05:12 PM, Eike wrote:

> Hi Stumpwm users,
>
> I recently have to maintain a java application that wants to add itself
> to the system tray. This, of course, does not work with stumpwm (which
> is great:-)). I just was wondering if anyone knows an application I can
> start when working on this app that acts as a system tray? I searched
> for it without luck so far. I rather don't want to switch to a complete
> desktop just for this….
>
> Thanks and kind regards
> Eike

Re: system tray "support"

Eike

Joram Schrijver <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hey,
>
> There is also stumptray, which integrates with the mode-line. It's in
> stumpwm-contrib.
>
> https://github.com/stumpwm/stumpwm-contrib/tree/master/util/stumptray

Oh nice, thank you! Can't believe I didn't look at contribs… *duh*

Regards,
Eike

Re: system tray "support"

Dimitri Minaev
On 06/10/2016 07:12 PM, Eike wrote:

> Hi Stumpwm users,
>
> I recently have to maintain a java application that wants to add itself
> to the system tray. This, of course, does not work with stumpwm (which
> is great:-)). I just was wondering if anyone knows an application I can
> start when working on this app that acts as a system tray? I searched
> for it without luck so far. I rather don't want to switch to a complete
> desktop just for this….

Hi,

Gnome-panel usually works well with Stumpwm.