tab completion only completing local directories in microdc2 0.15.6

tab completion only completing local directories in microdc2 0.15.6

Yaohan Chen
Hello,

I compiled microdc2 0.15.6 from source on Ubuntu 6.10. When I press Tab in
microdc2 at the first word of the command, where it should normally complete
the commands, microdc2 doesn't complete anything and the terminal just beeps.
When I press tab in the following words, it completes against files and
directories in the current directory where microdc2 was launched in. There's
no context-sensitive tab-completion such as for users, user file lists and
settings.

There was no error when configuring and building microdc2, and it found
readline correctly. I'm using libreadline 5.1. I tried in Konsole and xterm,
bash and zsh and it happens in all of them. Could you help me find out what's
wrong?

Yaohan Chen

Re: tab completion only completing local directories in microdc2 0.15.6

Yaohan Chen
It turns out that a line "TAB: menu-complete" in my ~/.inputrc caused
microdc2's custom tab completion to be disabled, and with that removed,
microdc2 tab completion works correctly now. I have no idea why this is the
case (I just noticed that running microdc2 as a different user was free of
the problem, and did a strace to find out that it reads .inputrc). Could
anyone confirm and/or explain this? Maybe it's worth it to document this for
any other user who might potentially encounter this problem (the TAB:
menu-complete line seems to be recommended by some bash FAQs).

Yaohan Chen