taking down keyserver.fabbione.net for good

taking down keyserver.fabbione.net for good

Fabio M. Di Nitto-3

Re: taking down keyserver.fabbione.net for good

Jeff Johnson-12

On May 11, 2010, at 2:49 AM, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> due to the continuous Ptree corruption problem I am experiencing, even
> with latest versions of sks, and no solution to it other than constant
> rebuilds, I have decided to stop running the service.

Sad to see you go (although I'm new to SKS servers).

FWIW, there _IS_ something fishy in the way that the PTree store
is being accessed, adding DB_INIT_LOCK to a PTree dbenv _SHOULD_
be possible with Berkeley DB database. So (imho) there is
a PTree store issue, and it might well have multiple manifestations
including "corruption", not just deadlock.

73 de Jeff

On 5/11/2010 3:30 PM, Jeff Johnson wrote:

> On May 11, 2010, at 2:49 AM, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:

>> Hi guys,
>>
>> due to the continuous Ptree corruption problem I am experiencing, even
>> with latest versions of sks, and no solution to it other than constant
>> rebuilds, I have decided to stop running the service.
>>

> Sad to see you go (although I'm new to SKS servers).

Thanks-

> FWIW, there _IS_ something fishy in the way that the PTree store
> is being accessed, adding DB_INIT_LOCK to a PTree dbenv _SHOULD_
> be possible with Berkeley DB database. So (imho) there is
> a PTree store issue, and it might well have multiple manifestations
> including "corruption", not just deadlock.

I got to reproduce the issue on freshly imported dump too. so at this
point, I just don´t have enough resources to spare to debug and test.
Maybe when days will be made of 192 hours :)

Fabio

Re: taking down keyserver.fabbione.net for good

Kim Minh Kaplan

Whoever can modify http://code.google.com/p/sks-keyserver/ should remove
http://keyserver.fabbionne.net from the page.
--
Kim Minh

Re: taking down keyserver.fabbione.net for good

Joseph Oreste Bruni-2
On Wednesday, May 12, 2010, at 10:34AM, "Kim Minh Kaplan" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>Fabio M. Di Nitto writes:
>
>> I have decided to stop running the service.
>
>Whoever can modify http://code.google.com/p/sks-keyserver/ should remove
>http://keyserver.fabbionne.net from the page.
>--
>Kim Minh

It looks like only Yaron has write access to the project home page. I only have access to the wiki.

-Joe

Re: taking down keyserver.fabbione.net for good

Yaron Minsky
On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 1:34 PM, Kim Minh Kaplan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Fabio M. Di Nitto writes:

> I have decided to stop running the service.

Whoever can modify http://code.google.com/p/sks-keyserver/ should remove
http://keyserver.fabbionne.net from the page.

Done.