usher documentation

Hendrik Boom-2
Where does usher documentation hide out now?

I'm specfically looking to fine out how to get usher to reread the
configuration file.

I suppose I can look up the process id with ps, kill it, and reissue the
startup command, but is there a more elegant way?

I seem wtill to be running usher-0.99, by the way.  I suppose I should
look for a newer one, too.

-- hendrik

Re: usher documentation

Tim Brownawell
On 11/21/2015 07:47 PM, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> Where does usher documentation hide out now?
It's in doc/documentation.html . I don't know that this is available
online anywhere other than thru viewmtn.

> I'm specfically looking to fine out how to get usher to reread the
> configuration file.
It tries to be a good Unix daemon, and catches SIGHUP for this. There's
also a command thru usherctl.

> I suppose I can look up the process id with ps, kill it, and reissue the
> startup command, but is there a more elegant way?
>
> I seem wtill to be running usher-0.99, by the way.  I suppose I should
> look for a newer one, too.
That's the only version that was ever released, altho I see
h:net.venge.monotone.contrib.usher does have later activity.

Re: usher documentation

Hendrik Boom-2
On Sat, 21 Nov 2015 21:40:06 -0600, Timothy Brownawell wrote:

> On 11/21/2015 07:47 PM, Hendrik Boom wrote:
>> Where does usher documentation hide out now?
> It's in doc/documentation.html . I don't know that this is available
> online anywhere other than thru viewmtn.

Found it in the source code, shich I still had lying around.  Thanks.

>> I'm specfically looking to find out how to get usher to reread the
>> configuration file.
> It tries to be a good Unix daemon, and catches SIGHUP for this. There's
> also a command thru usherctl.

Either it didn't work, or I don't know how to SUGHUP.

I tried kill -1 <process id>

After that the usher process was still running, but I couldn't connect to
it.
Actually killing it completely and then restarting it from scratch made
it work again.  Upon restarting, of course it read the new configuration.

-- hendrik

On 11/27/2015 07:03 AM, Hendrik Boom wrote:

>>> I'm specfically looking to find out how to get usher to reread the
>>> configuration file.
>> It tries to be a good Unix daemon, and catches SIGHUP for this. There's
>> also a command thru usherctl.
> Either it didn't work, or I don't know how to SUGHUP.
>
> I tried kill -1 <process id>
>
> After that the usher process was still running, but I couldn't connect to
> it.
> Actually killing it completely and then restarting it from scratch made
> it work again.  Upon restarting, of course it read the new configuration.
...yep, it's broken. :(

I pushed a couple new revisions on nvm.contrib.usher, one with a test
that fails if it hangs on SIGHUP and one that makes that pass.

The last revision 591a8f14... ought to work, or at least to fail
differently if there are other related problems.