xml-rpc infinite loop

Leo Liu-5
Hello Mark,

This call seems to loop forever:

  (xml-rpc-method-call "http://paste.pocoo.org/xmlrpc/" "pastes.getRecent" "4")

The returned http buffer contains the correct result but xml-rpc seems
to fail to parse it.

Leo

Re: xml-rpc infinite loop

Mark A. Hershberger
Leo <[hidden email]> writes:

> This call seems to loop forever:
>
>   (xml-rpc-method-call "http://paste.pocoo.org/xmlrpc/" "pastes.getRecent" "4")

It seems to work for me using the following sequence:

    M-x ielm RET
    (xml-rpc-method-call "http://paste.pocoo.org/xmlrpc/" "pastes.getRecent" "4") RET

I tried this using version 1.6.8 from launchpad.net.

Let me know if you're still having the problem and, if so please provide
all the information in xml-rpc-submit-bug-report.

Thanks,

Mark.

--
http://hexmode.com/

Embrace Ignorance.  Just don't get too attached.

Re: xml-rpc infinite loop

Leo Liu-5
On 2010-05-18 02:34 +0100, Mark A. Hershberger wrote:
> It seems to work for me using the following sequence:
>
>     M-x ielm RET
>     (xml-rpc-method-call "http://paste.pocoo.org/xmlrpc/" "pastes.getRecent" "4") RET
>
> I tried this using version 1.6.8 from launchpad.net.
>
> Let me know if you're still having the problem and, if so please provide
> all the information in xml-rpc-submit-bug-report.

I was writing the interface to it and the hang seems to be caused by
some non-ascii char. Unfortunately I didn't debug the problem right
away. I can't reproduce it now. I ended up choosing json but may do a
xml-rpc later on. Will let you know in some more details if it hits me
again. Cheers.

> Thanks,
>
> Mark.

Leo